Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Live the List Challenge: What should make the list?

Every year when we build our lists, there's a combination of goals and dreams that make the cut.  And I know that for those who are used to having the simple stale 'I want to lose weight' or 'I'm going to exercise five times a week' New Year's resolutions, this can be a challenge.

The list is about stepping away from the norm.  The list is about growing past your fears.  The list is about letting go of thoughts that cripple you and hold you back.

Dream.

I always make sure I have a combination of types of goals on the list for the year.  I need to make sure that there are goals that fulfill me personally, like when I wanted to pay off all my credit card debt.  (And when I list that again, I have learned that I will need to re-evaluate that.  This time I'll be careful to keep it paid off.  Lesson learned, universe.  Lesson learned.)

I make sure that the goals are going to propel me in the direction I want to go.  So, while I have the get healthy goals, I also make sure I have the ones that will challenge my mind as well.  I wrote my first ebook in 2010, the year I ended up starting Live the List.  It was about using Craigslist for dating.  I published it on Lulu.  It didn't exactly fly off the shelves.  I have since moved it to Amazon where it has done better.  My list will have more writing goals.

Think about it.  Is it easier to earn $50, 000 with one item for sale or with 50 items for sale?   Yup.  Time to fill the shelves.  So, I pay attention to story ideas.  I look for anything to write that truly interests me.  And I'm growing.  Constantly.

Living the List is about becoming the best person you can be, about growing together with your family, about truly living your life instead of sitting around and waiting for something to happen.  Make life happen.

Start building your list.

No comments:

Post a Comment